Tuesday 25 March 2014

Competition


How do you stand out from the crowd?

I remember watching an abhorrent TV show called The Pick-up Artist. Yes, it's as disgusting as it sounds.

The 'lead' 'artist' (read: prick) talked about doing something called 'peacocking'. This does not mean covering your groin in colourful feathers, prancing around bars, hoping, just hoping, for one girl to like your feathers.

No. Peacocking is when a man - usually a man - does something to stand out, to show he's the lad you ladies want let violate you.
How did this master dick head become the ultimate peacock? He wore a big hat of course. I always suspected that wearing a hat is akin to the car you drive. The more ostentatious the hat, the smaller the penis. Here's a tip. Date guys who don't like wearing hats.

I was thinking about standing out from the crowd after yet another fruitless day of singledom. I've been experimenting somewhat with online dating, mainly a service called Plenty of Fish (PoF). I constructed a profile, which went through a couple of working drafts, uploaded my best photos (they're passable, not brilliant), and messaged women I wouldn't mind getting to know better.

Some reply, most do not. I assume my experience is no different most people on PoF. If you're swamped with messages it's unreasonable to expect a person to filter through every single one of them. Although I was brought up to be polite, and if someone says hello, you should at the very least say hello back.

And this led me to wondering why I wasn't getting many replies. Sure it could just be I'm not that attractive. I've admitted in a previous post I have no delusions of my physical appearance.
I'm no Bollywood heartthrob, but then I'm also not the Elephant Man. Average, maybe a little above average if I was being generous?

I looked around PoF to see what my competition were doing. Were they posting studio-quality photos of their designer stubble? Perhaps they listed all their achievements from GCSE's to swimming certificates.

I have to say I couldn't see much difference. Some were pretty attractive, some where pretty boys. Most were just bog standard average Indian schmoes. They all did share one trait though. They were all wankers. Every single Indian guy on PoF I clicked on was a wanker.

From my experience most Indian guys are complete and utter wankers. There is just one word to describe them, and so I do not apologise for repetition. In general they've grown up in the rust belt (West London), love football, go to the gym, have hideously manicured facial hair and are such utter parodies of themselves I'm sure Peter Sellers is turning in his mildly racist grave.

Do I want to be one of these pricks? I feel I have enough self-respect (lack of) to not go down that path. I guess in that way I do stand out from the crowd. As is always the way at most Indian weddings I go to. I'm the guy all the girl's parents know isn't the 'good Indian boy' they want their daughters to meet. Which is weird because I'm not a murderer. I'm also not a doctor. I'm just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment